Pizza may have originated in Italy but the rest of the world have fallen in love with it. Almost all the countries in the world have their very own version of pizza and one of the most popular of those is the pizza roll. In the next few minutes, you will learn how you can make your own pizza rolls.
Why Pizzas Are So Popular
Before we go through the steps for making pizza rolls, let’s talk about why pizza is popular.
Pizza is a traditional Italian dish that has been arounds of years. It’s typically made up of flatbread that’s topped with tomato sauce and cheese. It is also topped with vegetables, meats, and other condiments.
The modern form of pizza originated from Naples and from there, it has become popular and common in other parts of the world.
One of the reasons why pizza is so popular is because it’s so easy to make different variations of it. You can use any kind of topping that you want to go with it, making it easy to adapt pizza to different cultures.
Now, What Are Pizza Rolls?
So, what are pizza rolls then and what makes them different from normal pizza?
A pizza roll is exactly what its name would imply. It’s a pizza slice which has been rolled up. One of the appeals of pizza rolls is that they are easier and more convenient to eat than a traditional pizza. It has become a popular snack on its own right.
How Pizza Rolls Are Made
Would you like to make your own pizza roll?
If that’s the case then we’ll give the steps that you can follow. These are popular choices for snacks among kids and they are very easy to make as well. On top of those benefits, there are also so many options when it comes to customizing them.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- Dough. Any kind will do. You can just buy a can of crescent roll dough, you can also use a medium sized roll of pizza dough.
- Flour for rolling the dough
- A few tablespoons plain tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Topping of your choice. This is totally up to you as to the kind of pizza roll that you want to make.
These are the steps that you can follow in making a fresh batch of pizza rolls:
- The first thing that you need to do is preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the dough out of the can and fold it over.
- Sprinkle both sides of it with flour and then roll it out. Form a rectangle with it that’s ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough surface in an even manner. Don’t make it too thick or you’ll just end up with a mess. Try to work quickly because you don’t want he dough to get too warm, which would make it difficult to work on.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on the dough surface.
- This is the time for you to add other toppings that you might want to include in your pizza rolls.
- You could never go wrong by adding bits of pepperoni, but it’s totally up to you. Whatever topping you fancy should be okay.
- Start rolling the dough. Keep in mind that you want your final dough to be narrow and long. Try to pack it in as tightly as you can without actually squishing the inside.
- If you feel the dough is becoming too soft, then place it in the fridge for a few minutes to make it firmer.
- Start cutting the rolled dough. Ideally, you should get a dozen pieces of roll.
- Place the rolls inside on a baking sheet and then put it inside the oven. Keep it there for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once you take the rolls out of the oven, you’ll just have to wait for them to cool down the a bit and they’ll be ready to serve.
Pizza rolls aren’t just ideal for snacks. Serve these with a bowl of salad and you’ll get really good dinner option.
What are you waiting for? Start making your own pizza rolls now and enjoy them with your family.